Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oscar update

I was supposed to pick Oscar up today, but they decided to keep him through the weekend because he has a slight temperature (something like 102, where the norm is 101.2?). The Doc says he's "eating and [insert your favorite bathroom word] like a champ," so I guess that's good.

I visited him in the recovery ward today. He looks awful. There's all of this iodine staining on his pretty white fur. His belly is totally bald w/a 6" incision and stitches - his fat looks a lot fatter when it's not fuzzed over with glossy fur. His front left wrist is shaved also for the IV that he had earlier. He was doped up when I saw him...it was sad.

He was a little agitated at first and wanted to jump off the table. I didn't want him to jump but I was afraid of picking him up. finally I kind of cradled him by the neck and under the tail. Once he was on the floor he paced around a bunch and looked disoriented. So I finally scooped him up onto my lap where he settled down and laid his chin on my palm. He didn't purr, but he seemed to enjoy the chin scratch. After a minute or so he stopped thrashing his tail and chilled.

Of course I cried. When don't I cry? I'm a baby.

Hopefully I'll get him all in one piece on Monday after classes

No comments: