Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow!

Snow actually sticks here! And it's still there the next day.

I loved the first snow-fall. I ran outside and put my face up to the sky, smiling like an idiot. Couldn't help but notice the pedestrians around me, all clearly irritated by the weather and giving me this look that said "you just wait, you won't think it's magical once the novelty wears off."

They were right. Or at least, so long as the sun shines I love this winter-land. But as soon as the clouds blot out the sun and the wind starts stripping the skin off my face, I curse the snow and the cold and I long for the temperate Pacific coast.

Oscar is also unimpressed. I took a break from outlining criminal law last night, bundled him up in a towel, and took him downstairs to see the snow (his first ever). I plopped him in the middle of an un-touched fenced garden, and he sank up to his chest in the snow. No worries, I snatched him right back out as soon as he started crying. He spent the better part of the next hour licking himself...I love that little guy!

Two and 1/2 weeks left to go friends. Can't say I''m prepared, but I sure am ready for a break. Seattle-ites: see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

courtney said...

ooooh, poor little oscar in a pile of snow! this american life did a show recently on pets and they talked about a northside cat in chicago named oscar, and we all wondered if he might be yours (but the combo of busy law school life and not living on the northside--i think--quickly ruled that out). miss you, but i'm totally happy about the cool, dry, sunny sky outside my window.